Whether you are interested in food, coffee, people, tourism, travel, or housekeeping hospitality is an exciting industry.
The Hospitality Industry is full of diversity, creativity, and passion, and is constantly expanding. Through our SIT20316 Certificate II in Hospitality course we provide a safe and exciting avenue for anyone interested in the industry to get skills and experience before you enter the workplace. Our training is thorough and informative and we also provide hands-on work experience in a real working environment to fully prepare you for work in the industry.
- 10 – 15 Students
- Within School: 1 day per week over 2 terms or 1/2 day per week over a full school year + Work Experience (a minimum of 12 service shifts in a local hospitality business)
- External to school: 2 x 10 day intensives + Work Experience (a minimum of 12 service shifts in a local hospitality business)
Units of competency:
- SITXWHS001 – Participate in Safe Work Practices
- SITHIND003 – Use Hospitality Skills Effectively
- BSBWOR203 – Work Effectively with others
- SITXCCS003 – Interact with Customers
- SITXCOM002 – Show Social and Cultural Sensitivity
- SITHIND002 – Source and use Information on the Hospitality Industry
- SITHFAB002 – Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol
- SITXFIN001 – Process Financial Transactions
- SITHFAB005 – Prepare and Serve Espresso Coffee
- SITHFAB007 – Serve Food and Beverage
- SITHIND001 – Use Hygienic Practices for Hospitality Service
- SITXFSA001 – Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety
- Fee for service: $2330.00
- Funded: This course is funded by the Queensland Government under the Queensland Vet Investment Plan. Under the VETiS Program, eligible applicants can participate in this course free of charge. For more information about funding visit Student Information.