This course is designed for:
- those who work in hospitality and want to get qualified in the industry
- those who have done SIT20316 Certificate II in Hospitality and want to upgrade to a SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality
- those wanting to start a Hospitality Traineeship.
If you are wanting to sign up for this course you can do one of the following:
- Sign up as a Trainee and nominate Tactile Learning Centre RTO:30922 as the SRTO
- You or your employer can contact the office to discuss requirements and details
- Face-to-Face Delivery
- Workplace Based
- Blended options
- 10 – 15
- Fee for Service Course: 12 Months
- Fee for Service RPL: 6 Months
- Certificate 3 Guarantee Course: 12 Months
Full-time: 24 Months
Part-time: 48 Months
Units of competency:
- SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills
- SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
- SITXCOM002 Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITXCCS006 Provide service to customers
- SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service
- BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
- SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITHIND001 Use hygienic practices for hospitality service
- SITHFAB005 Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITHFAB007 Serve food and beverage
- BSBCMM201 Communicate in the workplace
- SITXFIN001 Process financial transactions
- SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
- SITHIND003 Use hospitality skills effectively
- Fee for service course: $3650.00
- Fee for service Recognition of Prior Learning*: TBA
Userchoice: This course is funded by the Queensland Government under the Queensland Vet Investment Plan. Under the Userchoice Program, the Queensland Government will contribute to the cost of training for eligible Trainees. Trainees will still be required to contribute to the training by paying the Student Contribution Fee.
Certificate 3 Guarantee: The Certificate 3 Guarantee supports eligible individuals to complete their first post-school certificate III qualification. It also supports school students to access training and Queensland’s Year 12 graduates to transition to employment by providing free training in high priority qualifications. Given the benefits that accrue to individuals from training, students undertaking certificate III training will be required to contribute to the costs of their training through a co-contribution fee.
Student Co-contribution Fee
- Concessional: $75
- Non-concessional: $150.00
Trainee Contribution Fee*
- Full Contribution: $444.00
- Partial Exemption: $176.00
- Full Exemption: $0.00
- School-based: $0.00
Please note that the student contribution fees are based on the specific units of competency being delivered and will change based on any adjustments. For verified information regarding fees contact the office.
- There are additional fees that can occur for different students. Additional fees are charged for further costs that arise in the process of providing the training or assessment. These costs include but are not limited to travel and workplace visits. All additional fees will be outlined upfront, prior to student’s enrolment in the course.
For more information about funding visit Student Information.
*Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is only available through application and by experienced industry workers who are still active in the Industry.
*Student Contribution Fee is set based on the User Choice Policy as $1.60 per nominal hour of each unit of competency. A participant can apply for fee exemptions if it can be shown that the participant falls into an exemption categories as per departmental guidelines. For more information regarding fee exemptions see Student Information “Funding”.